This course meets and exceeds the requirements laid down by Ofsted, EYFS and SureStart for people needing a 2 day 12 contact hour first aid course for Adult, infant and child. This group includes childminders and carers. The HSE recommend that all first aiders complete an annual first aid refresher courses and our online course meets this requirement. ProTrainings Paediatric courses are approved by most councils across the UK.
If you want to save time in the classroom but still meeting the required hours, we offer a blended version where you complete half the course using our video online training then attend one day in the classroom.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This course is also available as a QCF course, meeting the requirements of Ofqual. The employer has the choice of a standard ProTrainings certificate or a QCF certificate. Both are acceptable, have the same content, and meet the same learning outcomes. QCF level courses are usually needed where funding is required. Phone us and we can advise if needed. If you choose the QCF course, there are additional assessment criteria to be done with an instructor and a small extra certification charge.
- Planning for First Aid Emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- Activating the emergency services and identifying the need to call the EMS
- First Aid kits and accident reporting
- Unconscious but breathing (Recovery Position)
- Resuscitation Procedures Appropriate to the Age of the Children being cared for
- Adult, Infant and Child CPR
- Choking and choking becoming unconscious after choking
Recognising and Responding Appropriately to:
- Spinal Injury
- Injury and Illness assessment
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Electric Shock
- Serious Bleeding and minor bleeding
- Nose bleeds
- Foreign Objects in the body
- Burns and Scalds
- Suspected Fractures
- Head, Neck and Back Injuries
- Cases of Poisoning
- Foreign Bodies in Eyes and Noses
- Eye Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- Effects of Extreme Heat and Cold
- Febrile Convulsions
- Emergency Needs of Children with Chronic Medical Conditions: Epilepsy, Asthma, Sickle Cell Anemia and Diabetes
- Meningitis and other Serious Sudden Illnesses
For further details of our 12 hour Childcare First Aid courses or to book a place, please contact Sylvia Anderson on 0845 057 3762, alternatively Email us now.